From Dragon Eye Atlas
There is quite a bit of technology behind this online atlas, and I want to enable other worldbuilders and game masters to use it for their own worlds.
The basic elements are these tools:
- Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator for generating the world map
- QGIS for managing and editing map data
- Mapbox, both Mapbox Studio for styling and serving maps and Mapbox GL JS on the client side
- Semantic MediaWiki as, well, the wiki
- Widgets Extension to embed the maps into the wiki
The whole process is described in detail in a tutorial series:
- Part One - from Azgaar's to QGIS
- Part Two - from QGIS to Mapbox
- Part Three - refining the map
- Part Four - refining mapbox
- (upcoming) Part Five - Fantasy Wikipedia
- (upcoming) Part Six - Embedding Maps into the Atlas
This page is still incomplete and missing content or details that are planned, but have not been added yet.
Templates and Widgets
You can also copy and re-use the templates and widgets from this site for your own purposes. When doing so, please include a link to https://notveryprofessional.com/dragoneye/ in your page.
Tools that can be used to create more details for your world:
- One Page Dungeon Generator
- Random Dungeon Generator
- Village Generator
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
(just started this collection, so not much here yet, will expand in the future)